Thursday, January 21, 2010

Musings while at work


To start, I would have to say that by and large the reasons why I regard Dr. Sexon's classes so highly, are not limited to himself and teachings alone, but that we are subject to such a plethora of awesome literature, and I use the term outside of the language of chaos, meaning I am indeed in awe. And this applies in equal part to what books we are assigned as to the blogs of my peers. and i mean this of all the blogs, but It is hard to speak to each one.
Sam and Rio for example- I don't even know where to begin.
But reading a couple of the most recently posted
Doug- To start: i've been there. To continue: I'm both honored and enticed that you'd share your experience, that something that's very intimate, but I feel that this class, if any is the proper place to be so. You're able to convey something that is almost impossible to put into words the term 'experience' is undermining for what actually takes place. I like that you mention the Bhagavad Gita. Is this still a text for capstone? (i wish i was in that class) because when reading this I would say i felt the experience more as clearly as i had read it. When Arjuna is speaking with Krishna, to show the Man that all is already written, he shows his true self, as self that encapsulates all things of the past things of the future, all is written and all is destined. -This being a rough summary of what is said. ( i would really advise reading it) but the idea at hand is much the same as I would suspect Doug's vision, and the idea of the eternal return in General. The mass of the cosmos is entirely infinite, cyclical, it is the Mobius strip and it is the forever fractal. To quote the Bhagvad Gita:
If the radiance of a thousand suns Were to burst at once into the sky That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one... I am become Death, The shatterer of Worlds.

Or to return to our old omnipotent buddy Ovid:
All things change, nothing is extinguished... There is nothing in the whole world which is permanent. Everything flows onward; all things are brought into being with a changing nature; teh ages themselves glide by in constant movement.


- To James: I honestly could not distinguish where Finnegan began, and again where it fin. I'm not sure if this was intend, maybe i'm just loosing it from trying to read this book and being numbed by work, but your retelling of tossing around Finnegan made me laugh (out loud-i and the rest of the cal library did notice this), think, and actual open up the book to see where your voice came in. I've had very similar experiences, but i dont think i could have conveyed them quite the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment