Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Final Blog...maybe


Well, it always seems right to say, "it's over". or something like, "I'm sad that this class is finished and all the blogging is done with".- these are the phrases I actually started this blog with, and that I've started some of my "final" blogs before with, but I realize that this is not a point of closure. not one bit.
I am very happy that Sam is willing to keep up with the blogs for at least a little while after class is done, (I had originally thought i would have kept blogging into this year after our Nabokov class but sadly i did not)So I hope to maybe contribute a little more before we all get too far into the summer, but what has become clear to me over the past few years, is that the blogs are once facet of our learning (turly and amazing one) but just because the blogs mast stop, just because we may not all congregate together in a room for an hour or so, doesn't mean that this class is in anyway over. We have all been granted keys to unfathomable doors, -in number and in their direction- I know that personally, from each class I've taken with Dr. Sexson, i find that the material, the understandings, the sense of community and connectivity, do not end when the class does, instead they stay alongside, inside you, they do not wither, they flourish.

Rachel put it well that, Dr. Sexson has a posse. And for those of you who have just been initiated i know you will forever be a part, even if you are graduating. For any of you who have had the pleasure of learning with Sutter Strummel, you would see an example that this class, this true radiance does not adhere to school calenders, Even those of us who graduate, drop out, or even switch over to the dark side of the school curriculum, we all have been infected we are all part of an intimate group, and the membership is lifelong.

No comments:

Post a Comment