Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To Alicia


I'll preface by saying that, I understand I might not really have strong footing to make the following comments as I am a male and I can't really transpose myself, or empathize. And in some ways I agree with your ideas. But, to involve yourself with an unchangeable facet of the story or play, is to limit yourself. It will bring all things to a halt. If followed to rigidly it can lead to the same type of mentality that brought about book burning/ banning. I know that this is far from you, but it applies to the same principles and the same means. I know you are a self described Orwellian writer, and I'm sure you've read some Bradbury, he has a really well known quote that says, "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture, you just have to get people to stop reading them". and obviously you've read the tempest, and i guess i can't ask you to enjoy it, but don't allow for such a trivial thing to prohibit you from obtaining something so epochal.

No comments:

Post a Comment